The New Year is a time when many make resolutions in the wee hours of the morning after partying. They are determined to transform their bad habits into healthier ones that will create much happiness. When the healthier habits are not sustainable, there is a tendency to be very negative towards resolutions and themselves…undermining the whole process.
A resolution is a re-worked solution to a problem and for it to be effective it needs to cut to the core of the issue, not the habit that forms as a a result of the issue. The issue may be a thought pattern, a rule which is unknowingly lived by, it may be hidden in our past and because we cannot yet see it we cannot form a re-solution and solve it.
One way in which the issue may be brought into the light for us to see is to notice when the thought processes are negative towards or about another person. This reveals to us our own beliefs in much the same way as looking in a mirror reveals our own face. Use other people as a mirror, illuminating the darker aspects of our thoughts and allow these issues to be brought forward. The key here is to have great compassion for yourself. You are truly blessed and this is the moment you get to Love yourself unconditionally. When a facet of ourselves rises from a dark hidden place, it does so to finally heal and be released. This is the greatest gift we have, to transform through releasing what no longer serves us and embracing the new empowering and positive thoughts.
Many people are constructing a Vision board. This assists in revealing the truth of how we would like our lives to be. The best way I know how to do this is to create a meditation/work space. So it’s comfortable yet contains the material required to create a Vision board.
- Scissors & Glue
- Colored pens/crayons/pencils/paints
- Meditate using your favorite piece of music or a guided meditation
- Flick through the magazine/pictures and rip out anything that “speaks” to you:color, things, places, feelings….
- Cut out different pictures, colors, words and stick them on the cardboard.
- Decorate with positive words and affirmations, boarders and personal designs.
- Place completed Vision board in a prominent yet personal space ie. en-suite or near mirror.
- Throughout the year add to it as you feel inspired and watch the connections being made.
The Vision board is a great way to Manifest a New Year that is supportive and helps to reveal the truth about how the decisions and thoughts we make today transform the future in which we will live.
Blessings for 2016