Last night the Australian of the Year was announced, David Morrison (you tube clip of his speech to the Australian troops), a man of great power and resources who has spoken out and has promised to continue the fight to uphold the rights for minority and oppressed groups such as women, diverse culture, religion, diverse physical, emotional and psychological abilities. It was inspiring and the change and the conversations he has already created have made a huge impact here.
As I tried to sleep several things came together as we moved towards the 26th of January. The day of European arrival in Australia for good. Those ideas were:
- Aboriginal peoples losing their way of life and more
- People of all origins now calling Australia home
- Issues =Australia of gender, violence against minorities, domestic violence, inequalities in life span, inequality in earnings, health care, people living in third world conditions, education disparity…
- The beauty of Australia
- Bush fires raging in Tasmania causing smoke clouds across the Tasman sea into Victoria
- The Ouroboros that represents the cyclic nature of life, the eternal flow of energy…
- The oneness of all people…
So needless to say I struggled to sleep! The words I heard in my head were
Walk with Grace upon the Earth
A picture kept appearing in my head, the Rainbow Serpent from the Aboriginal Dreamtime stories in the form of an Ourboros. Connecting the ancient with the new, moving forward as one, one people, one nation. The female figure of Mother Earth who has given birth through the Grace of God to all that walk upon her face. And this to repesents the hopes I have for this nation and the whole world.
ONE EARTH…PEACE TO ALL